Saturday, November 24, 2012

First Word!!!!!

So we don't start speech therapy until December 7, but when we originally met with the cleft team in June they said that M's and N's would come first with B's and P's being the hardest for him to master.  So with that in mind we have been working very hard on M's and N's in our house.  The easiest are Mama and Monkey b/c he sees them everyday (he has monkey's on the walls in his room).  He has been trying so hard the last week to get some words out, but could never really get them.  A couple times it sounded like he was trying to say Mama, but never in relationship to me as it seemed to just be more of a babbling Mama.  Well today I was holding him and standing next to Mark talking and he very clearly came out with Ma.....long pause....Ma and then leaned in for a kiss on the cheek.  Oh be still my heart that was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.  Yes I got all teary and hugged and smooched him until he wiggled out of my arms to go play!  We just love this little guy soooo much.

Ashley otherwise known as Ma......Ma

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Ashley! I got all teary just reading this! Yay for Mama, and congratulations on Konnor's first word!

    ReplyDelete