Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Dream.....

A Wife and Mother.  That is all I ever really wanted to be.  Don't get me wrong I love my job.  It is challenging and very rewarding, but ultimately all I ever wanted to be was a Wife and Mother.  As you age everyone has a picture in their head of what their life will look like in 5, 10 or 20 years.  Mine always was something like Saturday mornings with the sunshine coming thru the windows, music cranked up, everyone playing in their pj's while we do the everyday things such as mopping and laundry that we didn't have time for during the week.  It was always a vision of a comfy home.  That was the key, it had to be a home and not a house.  Anyone can have a house, but a home is where you look in the window and can see the love.

So this morning I am standing in my kitchen with the shades on all the windows up, the sun is shining bright, music is probably a little to loud, everyone in their pj's still, Me with a cup of coffee in hand while I watch my Son walk across the room dancing as best a 14 month old can dance. I look around and yes, I have a few dishes that need done, laundry upstairs that needs folded and a stack of paperwork that needs filed.  I look around and realize that my house will never be spotless and I will never have everything caught up, but I do have The Dream.  It may not be perfect for someone else, but for our little family this is what it is all about.  So instead of watching Konnor dance across the kitchen........ I think I am going to go join him : )

I hope everyone is having as good a weekend as we are.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment