Friday, March 23, 2012

Immigrations Approval

So bright and early this morning I had this very strong need to check my email.  For those of you that don't know I am a full fledged don't care who knows it coffee addict : )  I also am a person who plans her morning routine down to the minute (yes it is ok to laugh b/c I know in a couple months this will be impossible for me, but for now I still am holding onto my snooze button).  Anyway, I felt like I HAD to check my email.  In order to do that I was going to have to forfeit my coffee in exchange for warm soda, YUCK!!  Thankfully I check my email and there was an email from our USCIS (Immigration) caseworker saying that he had approved our I-800 application!!!!

I know some of you may be thinking, "Didn't they get immigration approval last summer??"  We did fill out paperwork last summer to ask permission to adopt a child from a Hague convention country.  The I-800 form is filled out asking permission to adopt a specific child, KONNOR!  So we have officially be given approval from immigration for Konnor to be adopted and classified as an immediate family member.  They have forwarded our paperwork on to the National Visa Center to get a Visa for him to immigrate to the good ol USA.  This next step will probably take 1-2 weeks.  I will stop here b/c there are still several steps, but if I lay them all out now it will just get confusing.  Let's just say that it appears at this point in time that we are still on target to travel the end of May.  We are busy getting the house ready and thanks to some VERY generous and amazing co-workers I get to go hog wild crazy baby shopping this weekend : )  Keep checking back often as things should progress pretty quickly from here. Thank you to everyone for the continued support.

Mark and Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment